Research on Neurofeedback
Rather than repeat lists of research articles already compiled on the web, I am including here two links to primary indexes of research on neurofeedback. You will find quite a sample of topics. I’ve also listed just a few particularly good individual articles that you may want to review.
Indexes of Articles
- A large list of research articles and papers at the EEG Institute
- A comprehensive list of research articles at the International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (If the article is online the journal name is a link to it.)
- Some additional scientific articles on neurofeedback at ISNR.
- The Treatment of ADHD and Neurofeedback, David Rabiner, Ph.D., Durham, N.C. 2001
- Effect of EEG Biofeedback on Chemical Dependency, Kaiser, D.A. & Scott, W.
- Effects of central cortical EEG feedback training on incidence of poorly controlled seizures. Sterman MB, Macdonald LR. An older study, but a good example of early neurofeedback research.
- Electroencephalographic biofeedback of SMR and beta for treatment of attention deficit disorders in a clinical setting, Lubar JO, Lubar JF.
- For an excellent article on the emergence of neurofeedback as an effective treatment for ADHD read this chapter in The Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America by Lawrence Hirschberg, Ph.D., Sufen Chiu, M.D. Ph.D., and Jean Frazier, MD. The article is also summarized and reviewed in February, 2005 edition of The Brown University Child and Adolescent Psychopharmachology Update. You can read it here.
Interested in doing some research?
Newly recognized fields like neurofeedback have a difficult time obtaining controlled, double-blind research because of the extensive costs of such an undertaking. If you have an interest in conducting or funding this type of research, I can assure you that we can get the attention of the top people in the neurofeedback field. Let me know here if you have such an interest and I will contact you.