Neurofeedback in the Press and Media
Frank Duffy, MD Associate Editor Neurology and Clinical EEG: “The literature, which lacks any negative study of substance, suggests that EBT (EEG Biofeedback Therapy) should play a major therapeutic role in many difficult areas. In my opinion, if any medication had demonstrated such a wide spectrum of efficacy it would be universally accepted and widely used.”
Daniel Amen M.D. Change Your Brain Change Your Life: “I’ve discussed ADD as primarily a problem in the prefrontal cortex. Medication is the cornerstone of the “biological” treatments for ADD, but it is not the only biological treatment. Over the past fifteen years, researchers have demonstrated the effectiveness of a powerful adjunctive tool in the treatment of ADD and other prefrontal cortex problems: brain-wave or EEG biofeedback….In my experience with EEG biofeedback and ADD, many people are able to improve their reading skills and decrease their need for medication. Also, EEG biofeedback has helped to decrease impulsivity and aggressiveness. It is a powerful tool, in part because the patient becomes part of the treatment process by taking more control over his own physiological process.” pgs. 143-144.
William Sears, M.D. The A.D.D. Book: “Among the newer approaches to managing ADD, the most exciting is a learning process called neurofeedback. It empowers a person to shift the way he pays attention. After more than twenty-five years of research in university labs, neurofeedback has become more widely available. This is a pleasing development, because neurofeedback has no negative side effects.” pg 205.
Video Clips from EEG Institute
- News video (takes a minute to load)
Magazine, Newspaper Articles
- A list of articles at EEG Spectrum International
- The Biofeedback Promise, Readers Digest, 1999.
- Brain machine ‘improves musicianship’, BBC News, July, 2003
- Wired for Miracles, Jim Robbins in Psychology Today
- Brain Mapping Leads to Optimal Functioning, West Valley Newspaper, Phoenix, Arizona, January 5, 2005 NEW!
- Making Waves Learning to Control AD/HD, New Trail Magazine, Autumn, 1999